18 “Luke”

Dr. Arias returned to the room with firsthand feedback on what the operation would involve here at San Paolo. The price seemed high, but was I in a position to argue?

At this point, I asked my two comrades to join me in prayer, as I felt I really needed the Lord’s direction in making these decisions I was faced with. Above all, I really wanted to get it right as far as being in the right hospital with the right doctor at the right time, as the reality of me needing both an emergency operation, followed by a time of convalescence here in Peru, had now dawned as my next reality.

Shortly after closing my eyes in prayer, the word “Luke” immediately came to mind. Now what did that mean?

Doctor Arias, also a believer, explained that he felt that the Lord was moving him to try and contact a medical colleague who is an orthopedic surgeon. While he verbally questioned if he’d be able to locate him, or that he’d be working on a Sunday, he nevertheless began making calls.

Having stopped to get quiet before the Lord, and to ask for His leading in this decision, I now felt a profound peace come over me, and a fresh confidence that everything was going to work out just fine.

Labels: