117 - Unscrewed


I just had the last piece of metal -- a screw that joined the main bone that I broke -- removed from my leg, roughly 2 years after it was first put in. (See at right one of my original x-rays from Peru, showing this screw, the one at the angle.)

And then in this photo, the same screw -- which I'm keeping as a souvenir -- near the stitches on my leg (indicating where it was removed).

Until this time the build-up of scar tissue in that particular area of my leg has caused my skin to be stretched so tight there hasn't been much "give" at all. So, while the surgeon had my leg open for this medical procedure, she used her scalpel to scrape the scar tissue under the main scar line, so as to hopefully give me some more "wiggle room".

All in all, a rather fascinating experience watching the doctor's scalpel poking around under my skin, after she cut into my leg and removed the screw. --Yeah, I watched the whole thing.

So that's it. My leg is well on its way to being 100%, and if it wasn't for the road map of scars on my leg, and the history recorded in this blog, at this point in time my whole experience is otherwise hard to recall in detail.

So that's my story....



                +                   +                    The End                +                +