27 The Drill

Next I heard the sound of an electric drill, not necessarily a high-tech device one might anticipate seeing in a surgical theater but more like a cordless model you’d see on display your neighborhood hardware store.

I guess by the time the drilling began into my leg, the medical team decided I’d probably watched enough and put up a little curtain, cutting off my view.

Since it had been quite a full day and over twelve hours since my accident, and now past my normal bedtime, I said a prayer and determined to fall asleep, which I did.

During a series of naps, I kept hearing ongoing drilling but subconsciously reassured myself that this was probably a re-occurring dream rather than a reality.

When I later awoke at the end of the operation, I found out that the ongoing drilling was a reality.

Labels: