96 – Finally! Significant Bone Growth

I am trying to stay on top of my apprehension, as this next visit is it. It’s been over 6 months now since my accident, and thus this next x-ray will tell the tale. Unless my x-rays indicate that there has been solid bone growth, my time will have run out and according to medically sound advice, I will have to go ahead with an operation and bone graft.

I get my x-rays done and take them to the doctor’s office, where Dr. Lopez’s interpretation will produce the final verdict.

Great news. There’s been significant bone growth! Hallelujah!

So contrary to what a couple other surgeons recommended a couple months back, I will not require further surgery.

Furthermore, the doctor informs me that there has been sufficient bone growth to warrant me putting more weight on my leg, and so I will soon be shedding one of my crutches as I learn to walk again (my leg supported by my walking cast).

She cautiously predicts that I could be walking again in 3 months, if present bone growth continues.

This is such an answer to prayer!

next chapter